for foods, beverages, and supplements.
Managing Chronic Health Conditions Naturally ™
Quintessence Nutraceuticals™ is a B2B ingredient company that, with patented technology, extracts bioactive phytonutrient content embodied in cereal grains like rice to produce NutraIso®: a proprietary, nutrient-dense ingredient.
Through enzyme hydrolyzation, NutraIso achieves maximum bioavailability and bioactivity for use in functional foods and consumer wellness applications.
- Supports Physical and Cognitive Development
- Supports Developmental Milestones
- Increased Maternal Lactation
- Promotes Balanced Nutrition
- Increased Protein and Antioxidants
- Boosts Immunity and Wellbeing
- Supports Prediabetic and Diabetes Management
- Improves Sports Nutrition
- Diet Fortification
What is NutraIso®?
- >70 ANTIOXIDANTS
- HIGHLY BIOAVAILABLE PROTEIN WITH AN OVERALL 95% ASSIMILATION
- HYPOALLERGENIC AND NON-GMO
NutraIso is a true nutraceutical ingredient that has been scientifically documented to reduce the health risks associated with chronic health conditions in nutrient-deficient populations. Extracted from rice bran, NutraIso ingredients are non-GMO, gluten-free, and hypoallergenic—aligning with label trends and enhanced nutritional needs across populations and life stages, from prenatal to prediabetic, infant to geriatric.
NutraIso delivers a robust nutraceutical profile, including over 70 antioxidants, plant-based proteins, and essential omegas. And, with a mildly sweet flavor profile, it’s formulation-friendly for a broad range of food and beverage applications.
More than label appeal, NutraIso extracts are bioavailable and bioactive—more readily absorbed and put to use in the body, producing measurable and scientifically documented results. Our patented extraction technology serves as a platform for developing a broad spectrum of nutritional formulations, designed to deliver:
- The highest source of phytonutrients extracted from rice bran per gram
- Over 70 antioxidants
- 13 phytosterols
- 10 tocopherols/tocotrienols
- 10 polyphenols (including alpha lipoic acid)
- 10 B-vitamin complexes
- 5 gamma-oryzanols
- 5 carotenoids
- 14 enzymes, amino acids and minerals
- 7 phospholipids and polysaccharides
- Highly bioavailable protein with an overall 95% assimilation (simple proteins, peptides, and amino acids)
- 27.9% fats (inclusive of omegas 3 and 6)
- In-demand attributes, including gluten-free, non-GMO, and hypoallergenic
Founded by a co-inventor of aseptic processing technology and comprising food industry experts and scientists with notable and long-standing successes, Quintessence Nutraceuticals is applying our proven food industry expertise to deliver yet another breakthrough: NutraIso nutraceutical ingredients.
When the food scientists of Quintessence began investigating the best way to address chronic malnutrition in infants in underdeveloped countries, we immediately turned to rice as the best source of nutrition. Given its worldwide availability and unmatched nutritional profile, it seemed to be a perfect fit, but there was a challenge we knew we had to overcome: How do we unlock the nutrient-rich content of rice bran and make it bioavailable?
These food scientists spent the next seven years in R&D to create breakthrough technology that extracts the maximum phytonutrient and pharmacological values from rice bran and makes them highly bioavailable in the human digestive system.
NutraIso is the result of this game-changing technology. This enzymatically hydrolyzed bioactive extract from rice bran serves a wide variety of applications by adding bioavailable nutritional and nutraceutical values to functional foods and serves as a base for naturally addressing numerous chronic health conditions, including insulin resistance in pre-insulin-dependent diabetics, remediating chronic malnutrition in infants, and as a dietary supplement for seniors impacted by nutrition deficiencies that occur in the normal course of aging.
The same attributes that make NutraIso beneficial to these populations also make it an ideal ingredient for the fortification of functional foods and beverages seeking to incorporate nutrient-dense properties and in-demand label claims.
Our focus is on creating scientifically supported products to be used in applications where we can make a real difference in the health and wellbeing of individuals with pre-disease health conditions.
Quintessence has been awarded several patents from the USPTO, including:
- Our patented Enhanced Enzyme Treatment technology (U.S. Patent 8,945,642 – “Nutritionally Enhanced Isolate for Stabilized Rice Bran and Method of Production” – February 2015)
- The first U.S. patent for an all-natural nutraceutical to reduce insulin resistance in prediabetic and early stage Type 2 diabetic individuals (U.S. Patent 9,192,180 B2 – “Nutritionally enhanced fraction from rice bran and method of lowering insulin resistance using same” – November 2015)
- The Patent for Humanity Award from the USPTO/U.S. Department of Commerce for remediating chronic malnutrition in lactating mothers and their breastfed infants
With our patented Enhanced Enzyme Treatment technology, Quintessence captures significantly more bioavailable protein, fats, carbohydrates, and antioxidants than other commercial processes. And, based on the needs of your product and formulation, we can tailor the nutritional profile of our NutraIso® ingredients—extracted from cereal grains like rice—to suit your product development and labeling goals.
Most importantly, we make the nutrient-dense properties inherent in cereal grains bioavailable and bioactive, so that they are more fully and readily absorbed. From reducing insulin resistance in Type 2 diabetics to remediating nutritional deficiencies in lactating mothers and infants, NutraIso is scientifically documented to deliver life-changing benefits.
Download more information about our patented extraction technology and scientifically documented results at the resources linked below:
All Rice Bran Derivatives are Not Created Equal
NutraIso® Nutritionals Bioactive Nutrition by Quintessence Nutraceuticals
Senior Wellness Whitepaper
Lactating Mothers and Breastfed Infants: Meeting Their Dietary Needs with Bioactive Sustainable Nutrition for Health and Wellness